user-guides.co Logo
FacebookTwitterHome PageFAQHelpforumsAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms & ConditionsPayment

uSearch

Page Last Updated 4th February 2014

Everything you need to know about . More related Clevo L295u Software Restore Disk information and help.

Windows® Easy Restore Solutions & Free Driver Downloads : user-guides.co

Live Feedback

Home | Profile | Get Account | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

Username:
Password:
Save Password

RSS

All Forums
 @ General Computer Related Questions
 General Computer Related Questions
 MSI M670 not recognising USB devices

Printer Friendly

TOPIC MESSAGE: Hi, I am having a problem with my MSI M670. It has stopped recognising and attached USB devices. There is power coming through but that's all. I have seached the internet and have found that other people have had the sameproblem, but so far I haven't found a soluion that works. Can anyone help? I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks, Jim

AuthorTopic

Reidy1987

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  12:13:39
I know this sound strange but literaly uplug your system from the mains and take the battery out
press the on button with the battery out and no mains
to discharge it completely..leave it for say 15 mins

Then put the battery back in and plug it back into the wall and power up

Yhis is a known issue .. let me know how you get on

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/usb-device-not-recognized/

The link above may help too

Reidy1987

5 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  17:31:57
Thanks for the speedy reply. I tried your suggestion and I'm afraid it didn't work. maybe I wasn't exact enough when I said it wan't recognising USB devices. What I actually meant was that it doesn't even see them, so I don't even get the "Device not recognised" message.

I'm still hoping you can come up with something! Thanks for your help so far!

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  18:08:44
Hi if you go into the device manager in the contol panel under system do you see any yellow exclamation marks, where is says USB controlers?

Reidy1987

5 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  18:22:11
Yes, I've checked that, no yellow triangles, I have un-installed the drivers and re-booted, the drivers have re-installed successfully, and the problem still persists. Thanks again.

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  18:47:34
Hi

Sorry to keep askign questions.. is it all USB devices, which ones have you tried?

Reidy1987

5 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  19:10:55
No problem, ask away!

I have a USB keyboard and mouse, webcam and photo printer, all attached through a USB hub (powered).

I also ha USB media hard drive which I attach directly when I'm updating it. I recently bought a new media hard drive (bigger capacity, HD capable) and was copying the content from one to the old one to the new one when the fault first showed.

the old drive is an INOi and the new one is a WD Elements Play.

Hope some of this is useful. Thanks.

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  21:46:09
pull out the powerd hub disconect all the usb device, take the WD and put it into any usb on the lappy directly with nothing else attached . see if it mounts.. if not try one othe usb device say a usb key. and plu8g that directly into the usb port on the lappy. if at any point somethign mounts and is seen on your desktop then the problem is not the usb bus in the lappy. try every extrnal device one at a time on their own in the lappy. if every device works on its own in the usb with nothign esle present. then try two at a time using both usb ports on the lappy only
if everythign works with everything else the fault is with you usb hub..
let me know how you get on

:)

Reidy1987

5 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  08:47:18
OK, I've tried that. When I plug the drive into the USB port, I can hear it spinning up, but it does not mount and there is no indication of it being recognised. I've also tried plugging in my keyboard (no joy) and mouse (no joy). I've also just realised that the built-in webcam on the laptop is also a USB device and it isn't showing on the device list.I'm seriously concerned now that the problem is either in the hardware or the BIOS. Any thoughts on this? Thanks again.

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  11:04:52
Sorry i didnt get back to you.. we have had huge problems with the Google panada update.. It sounds to me like the usb hardware has actually failed.. obviusly there seems to be power to the usb devices. however if your keyboard isnt being recognised and also the "hard wired" usb webcam then im afraid that it sounds to me like you have a proper hardware failure :(

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  15:00:10
Just an after thought, maybe the USB is switched off in thge BIOS? not sure if thats possible on your lappy but its worth investigating

Printer Friendly