user-guides.co Logo
FacebookTwitterHome PageFAQHelpforumsAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms & ConditionsPayment

uSearch

Page Last Updated 4th February 2014

Everything you need to know about Forum: Forum | Topic: How To Use. More related Sony Pcg Grs175 Service Manual Repair information and help.

Windows® Easy Restore Solutions & Free Driver Downloads : user-guides.co

Live Feedback

Forum: Forum | Topic: How To Use

Home | Profile | Get Account | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

Username:
Password:
Save Password

RSS

All Forums
 NTLDR Missing Corrupt
 NTLDR
 How to use

Printer Friendly

TOPIC MESSAGE: The iso copied fine and is in sons computer...but I get a message coming up saying to insert home with service pack one so I do...I am then asked which location I want it form and it only gives 2 choices...dri ve a or drive Iand several numbers.

can I please have step by step insturctions? many thanks

Linda

AuthorTopic

Linda

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2013 :  00:16:50
Hi

You need to boot the computer from the ntlr cd.. let me know how you get on

Numus Technical Support

Linda

11 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  11:45:51
Hi

I sorted that bit and we can get to windows BUT only if we keep the cd in...it only fixes the NTLDR while the disks in not permentantly, is there something I am missing? some of my sons games on play from the cd rom drive so its needed + to put his music in.

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  20:37:30
Hi

No once you select the options to repair, there are a few, the CD will fix the NTLDR you wont need to keep the cd in once its repaired. If the CD cant repair the fault, you may be looking to an underlying reason as to why the system fell over in the first place. Something like a hard disk , hard sector error fail or an issue with the read write function of the drive.

Numus Technical Support

Linda

11 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2013 :  20:59:16
Hi

I know exactly what happened to the computer...I thought I could upgrade to xp pro and changed the drive from fats to the other one(sorry gone word blind)..I went to over write the drive and that when it went and I got the error you cd fixes and a file /systems file missing error which still shows if I dont use the cd.

so from here I'm not quite sure what to do.

I do have a full back up disk (I dont mean the windows one I mean the other one with the drives etc) I trying putting in the command prompt after the a:\ which says sys c \: but it comes up as bad command.

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  11:05:34
eeeekk... looking at your problems id say use a boot disk to take off any important data, happy to give you one to download free here as you have already purchased off us. Then a complete re-install is going to be the way, there may eb other ways to try and reserect your system, but from where im looking at it it is going to be overcomplicat4ed and very time consuming

Numus Technical Support

Linda

11 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  12:03:29
I do not know how to use a boot disk to take of data..do you mean things liek personal files and documents? if so then its just my sons computer so no worries about that, if you mean boot data (I am a non technical person so unsure) then yes please about the disk download.

As for a complete re install how do I do that...I thought I already had when I used the reload disk and the windows home disk...it is on the c drive I just cant access the cd drive without using the ntldr disk from here.(hope that makes sense to you).

Linda

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  21:33:17
okay

If you have no data that you need to save, then put your windows software in the cd, turn your computer off and turn it on with the cd in place. The computer will then boot up and ask you if you want to reinstall windows, say yes and select the "format this partition" when your asked, preety much then just follow all the on screen instructions, its very easy. once you have done that you may have missing drivers.. let me know here and il give you a cd by post or download, of all the drivers you will need, the cd will also put most of your default factory software back on. If you need very detailed instructions on how to carry out a windows install, i can post them here or give you a link to them

Numus Technical Support

Linda

11 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  08:13:01
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

okay

If you have no data that you need to save, then put your windows software in the cd, turn your computer off and turn it on with the cd in place. The computer will then boot up and ask you if you want to reinstall windows, say yes and select the "format this partition" when your asked, preety much then just follow all the on screen instructions, its very easy. once you have done that you may have missing drivers.. let me know here and il give you a cd by post or download, of all the drivers you will need, the cd will also put most of your default factory software back on. If you need very detailed instructions on how to carry out a windows install, i can post them here or give you a link to them

Numus Technical Support

Hi

I already did that, that is what I am saying when I said fresh install, I used the reboot cd and the windows one (bought new disk/ lost old key/ MS help line useless).

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  22:23:16
Hi

If you purchase a legitimate windows CD it will be supplied with a new set of keys? this will be in the form of a sticker on card with the COA sticker on it. have you got one of these? If you have a new windows, have a look through all the docs the number will look something like

12345-WER8R-53REE-45FD4-4EE23-55RET <--- this number here is completely made up so it wont work.

Numus Technical Support

Linda

11 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2013 :  22:34:30
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Hi

If you purchase a legitimate windows CD it will be supplied with a new set of keys? this will be in the form of a sticker on card with the COA sticker on it. have you got one of these? If you have a new windows, have a look through all the docs the number will look something like

12345-WER8R-53REE-45FD4-4EE23-55RET <--- this number here is completely made up so it wont work.

Numus Technical Support

yes I know that. I've loaded etc etc since...thats what I am saying...I have everything fresh and new and still getting the ntldr message unless I reboot using the disk from here all the time.

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  11:45:23
Okay put your windows xp into your system and boot from it
Next when it starts select boot to recovery console
Once you have what looks like a black back ground with a flashing cursor in it (DOS Look alike)

Then choose the operating system to repair (you will probably only have 1 so its normally the number 1 that you press) then enter the admin password (or press enter if you have none)

Type FIXBOOT and answer yes then ype in the following commands and after each, click enter and be sure to leave all spaces in..

CD \
ATTRIB -H NTLDR
ATTRIB -S NTLDR
ATTRIB -R NTLDR
ATTRIB -H NTDETECT.COM
ATTRIB -S NTDETECT.COM
ATTRIB -R NTDETECT.COM
COPY X:\I386\NTLDR C:\ (X IS THE LETTER OF YOUR CDROM)
COPY X:\I386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ (X IS THE LETTER OF YOUR CDROM)

Then reboot by typing exit, that will repair your ntldr snag, if that does not work then im a bit lost as to what on earth could be going on :) let me know how it goes

Numus Technical Support

Linda

11 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  09:17:37
Hi

I tried getting into the DOS but all it keeps doing is taking me to the blue set up windows screen...I have pressed F5 F8 Esc and Del to no avail

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  14:47:29
Hi

No its not actually DOS its the recovery console, if your computer will not boot into the recovery console then you have a serious hardware fault, however as you can install windows, and the recovery console is a menu selection when installing windows, i cant see that you cannot get into the recovery console

Numus Technical Support

Linda

11 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2013 :  12:00:10
Hi

sorry it has taken so long to get back to you the families been ill. first I want to thank you profusely for all the wonderful tech help you have given me for my sons computer.

I have an idea I think I know which bit you mean...but I would have to start the reinstall with the windows disk again wouldn't I?

I'm going to have a fiddle with things today and let you know how I get on.

Linda

11 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2013 :  12:19:12
ok went to book from disk and got acpi.sys corrupted.

I then rebooted and got in. I did FIXBOOT and that was successful.
It is not recognising any of the other commands though...says file or directory is not specified.

now it does not say cd\

it says
c:\ <WINDOWS>

so I am not sure if that makes a difference?

Linda

11 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2013 :  12:39:04
update...

kicked computer
had thought
took out missing floppy disk (told you it was old comp)

Re went to bootfix worked

did the first like ATTRIB -H NTLDR

parameter not valid

tried the last 2 commands out of curiosity and got access denied(worth a shot)I am putting in the spaces I see.

Admin

493 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2013 :  20:40:25
sorry for the delay in replying we have had to move our servers and its been very hectic here. Now you have removed the floppy, try the boot cd. it will now work, as the reson it coulnt do it before was becuyase your machine hat its ntld on the floppy

Im sure it will now fix it

Linda

11 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2013 :  13:33:03
Hey no worries on the delay.

I put the disk in(the one from here) had a lovely time fiddling about setting things up for him. Took disk out...re booted....

NTLDR error

~sobs heart out~

Printer Friendly